Spring Hill Spreads Cheer

This poll has ended.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Service to community is the theme resonating in the hallways at the Hill this December. Student organizations have joined forces to be of service to those in need, from senior citizens in the area needing a dose of fun and fellowship to Kindergarteners fulfilling their wish-list by dancing with the Pacesetters.

December started with a district wide toy drive to provide some holiday cheer for those less fortunate. All campuses collected toys to benefit Hiway 80 rescue mission.

“Especially this time of year, I appreciate how lucky I am,” Laurin Morris said. ” I am glad to be able to give back.”

The intermediate school is collecting mittens and scarves for the community, as well.

Mrs. Kathleen Woodard organized, along with her SPED team, a first ever Jingle Bell Ball held in the high school cafeteria on December 3. This unique dance was co-hosted by the Pacesetters and SH Varsity Cheer to provide a Christmas formal dance for students in Mrs. Woodard’s classes. Cheerleaders served food and Pacesetters taught dance moves, while The Panther Press snapped photos with Santa and created a card for each student to take home as a trinket.

“This was a special day for our kid,” Director Kathleen Woodard said. “We want to provide real world life experiences for all our students. We are so thankful that the community stepped up with donations and the students and parents showed up and had fun.”

December 9 was a great day for all as the Spring Hill Leader’s Core teamed up with the Student Council to provide sharing opportunities for senior citizens to gather together and a have a meal in the Spring Hill Auditorium. The students served and shared stories with all. Planning and preparation for the event involved many: Rhetta Collier and culinary students, Mrs. Druekheimer and Student Council and Mrs. Kincy and Leader’s Core. Baskets of fruit with hand written well wishes were sent home with all. The Blue Brigade and the Pacesetters performed to fill the room with cheer.

“I enjoyed setting up and making baskets for our guests,” senior Lexi Smith said. “The event is something that many of our senior friends have done for years. They always look forward to the gathering. I am glad Covid did not interfere this year.”

December 11 will be another inaugural  event for Spring Hill with the Pacesetter Christmas Spectacular. This free show begins at 6pm on Saturday in the SH Auditorium. The Pacesetters, minicampers, PreDrill team and high school dance teams will be joined by the theater and the the cheerleaders for a night of fun.

The Blue Brigade is not starting a new trend, but continuing a legacy of their annual Christmas Concert. December 14 at 7pm, the show will begin with sixth grade and conclude with a performance from the State Award Winning band.

To see these, and all upcoming events, watch the Panther Press Morning Announcements here on the homepage and keep an eye on the events calendar at www.shisd.net

click here for photo gallery