Stewart with the Serve

Coach Will Stewart attended Snyder High School in Snyder, Texas. He went to Tyler Junior College and the University of Texas at Arlington. Coach Stewart is currently continuing his education at Western Governors University. Stewart worked at the Arlington Tennis Center and Willow Brook Country Club before moving to Spring Hill. This is his 3rd year as an Intermediate PE teacher and tennis coach at Spring Hill. Stewart described his role as a coach as being, “Coaching is much the same as being a parent in a family. You try to push everyone to be their best. There are always going to be disagreements. You may not always like each other, but you always have each other’s back. There is a unique bond between teammates and between a coach and athlete. It is my role to help bring this type of culture to our team, and to push each player to their best (and not just on the court).” Stewart’s inspiration to be a coach was, “My high school tennis coach Ted Phillips did so much for me as a person and an athlete. I would not be where I am today without his influence on my life.” Coach Stewart noted the best part of his job being, “…seeing the team come together and seeing our hard work pay off. In our district championship match against Bullard and in our 2nd round playoff match against Van, I watched our team come together with a ferocity that had not been there most of the season. Those moments where the whole team is yelling together in celebration of a teammate’s achievement are like no other moment.” When I asked what quote Coach Will Stewart applied to his life, he went above and beyond and provided me with song lyrics from 2 different songs and Bible scripture. Since we have a very limited space I am only going to quote the Bible scripture he provided. ‘You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. The demons also believe—and they shudder’ James 2:18-19. Coach Stewart has asked me to include that he is an active member of the Alpine Church of Christ, where you will find him running media for worship and singing for the praise team on Sundays. 

The Panther's Paw • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in