Many Colors of Halloween

Crayons. Red Ribbons. Black Light and Blue Out.

October 28, 2021

It’s Halloween and anything can happen. From going to a party with a friend, to being at home by yourself and handing out candy to trick or treaters.

October 31 is the much anticipated eve.  Students of all ages are gearing up for a night of excitement: Trick or treating, parties, and hanging with friends. Some even have school events that, yes, are fun.

¨This Halloween me and my friends are going to be dressed up as crayons.¨ freshman Joselyn Gonzalas said. “I also have a  UIL Band Marching Contest in Lindale. So,it is going to be a very busy week with family, school and friends.”

Gonzalas is not the only plan packed Panther. The week of October 25-31 has a jam packed school event calendar as well as a social agenda. 

“My plans for this Halloween are to go trick or treating with friends.” freshman Adyson Parker said. “But I am mostly  going to hang out with my boyfriend. Since volleyball is over, I don’t have a game this Friday but the Varsity does.”

Additionally, October 25 is also the start of Red Ribbon Week for the Junior High, Primary, and Intermediate Campuses. Many kids will participate by dressing up and pledging to be drug free.   This year’s themes are varied by campus and age group. The Jr Hight students are looking forward to wearing costumes. 

“I like the Friday of Red Ribbon week because all I have to do is go to school in my costume and then stay in it all day.” sixth grader Ann Blackshire said. “I am going to be a hippie with brown flannel.”

Friday will also be the last home football game with Blue Out and a black light pep rally. Seniors will also be presented on the field with their parents. 

” I’m really excited to see all the neon and bright glow in the dark outfits this Friday.” Blackshire said. “I am really ready for some rest in November.”