5th Quarter to begin September 10

Post Game Dances hosted by Spring Hill Baptist Church

The Friday Night Lights energize students and the community like nothing else. The nostalgia, the distant sound of the band, and the cheering of the fans escalate a normal Friday to a spectacular event. Win or lose, football games hold a special place in the high school memory bank of most Texans. But, with Covid protocols and limited activities for the youth of East Texas, what do kids do when the lights go out and the teams go home?
Until this year, Whataburger was about the only choice. And, last season, even the trusty burger icon had closed dining rooms forcing students to loiter in the parking lot. Spring Hill Baptist Church saw a need in this community and are reaching out to fill it in a safe and friendly environment.
Shirley Ballard, lifelong church member and youth event organizer for the organization, is partnering with The Pack, the student section of SHHS’s fan base, and other community advocates to start THE 5th QUARTER.
The line up for these dances will follow the themes set by the Pack for the school day. Ballard hopes to not only promote fellowship but to build on the rising school spirit. The dance these are as follows:

9/10 – Homecoming Hoedown. This dance will feature Country Music and games.

9/17 – Fire in the Hole – Corn Hole Tournament (two players per team and teams will register when picking up wristbands)

10/8 – Panther Spot Light Karaoke and Game Night

10/15 – Dodge, Dip, Duck, Drive, and Dodge Tournament (five players per team and teams will register when picking up wristbands)

10/29 – Blue Out Game Night and Music

There are some guidelines for the event to ensure safety and ethical contact and to promote good fun. They are as follows:

• Must be inside gymnasium by 11 pm
  • Once you enter you can’t leave unless leaving for the night. No readmissions
  • You must be wearing your blue wrist band to enter. (Someone will be at the school on these Fridays placing wrist bands on students before school and at lunch since there is no formal student id). This will also let us know approximate head count.
  • For high school students only!
  • Time: immediately after game is over until 12:30 am
  • Food and drinks provided
  • No charge for admission

Contact any Pack member or Cheerleader for more details. Additionally, if you or your organization would like to contribute food, prizes or adult chaperones please contact Mrs. Ballard or Mrs. Blalock.