One Last Time

Senior Night updates

Senior and head drum major, Taylor Brewer (Photographer: Amy Blalock)

Spring Hill High School is getting closer and closer to senior night on November 6th. As this fall season comes to a close, seniors prepare for a special night that some have been looking forward to for years. Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the Spring Hill Panthers have been very limited on games, events, and even contests they can participate in.

One thing that is certain to remain tradition is Senior Night. A night to celebrate all the seniors’ accomplishments, especially the students involved in extracurricular activities. The seniors involved in extracurricular activities are the most excited, but also the most anxious for this night. Seniors have been anticipating this special moment in their high school chapter of life.

“It’s a celebration for all our hard work. I’m excited to walk the field with my classmates who have dedicated so much time and effort to the organizations we participate in. It feels like a one last time moment with all my classmates.” Senior and head drum major, Taylor Brewer said.

Some seniors have growing concerns about how the high school staff will handle and plan senior night. Also, some seniors are in the dark about if they will be able to participate due to the CDC guidelines. This leaves many seniors wondering “Will I be able to walk across the field at the end of the game on Senior Night?”

“As of right now I do not know if seniors will be able to walk across the field at the end of the game on November 6th,” Assistant Principal Melinda Tidwell said, “The seniors will be outside and 6 feet apart, if not more and the seniors that are going to be recognized for being in extracurricular activities will be permitted to walk with their parents or guardians” 

During these unprecedented times, some traditional events that have happened at Spring Hills previous years Senior Night are being evaluated to see if they follow guidelines.

“Honestly I have been looking forward to senior night since I watched my best friends walk across the field after the game my freshman year. It’s such a sweet and memorable moment.” Senior Taylor Brewer said. “I just don’t think we will be able to link arms and walk across the field together one last time.”