Lady Panthers Volleyball Heading to the Playoffs

Spring Hill Varsity Volleyball girls huddle around coach Harbison during a timeout in their game against Lindale.

Story by: Dylan Murdick, Head Sports Editor and Head Newspaper Editor

After a long season of ups and downs, the Lady Panthers have pulled through and are heading towards the playoffs. After finishing the season 10-12, the Lady Panthers ended up 3rd in the division, just behind Bullard and Lindale. The first playoff game for the girls will be tonight at 6:30 in Pittsburgh.

“I think we will have a good mentality and perform to the best of our ability,” Sophomore Varsity volleyball player Halee Bray said.

A volleyball season can feel long at certain times, however, it can make a team stronger and connect teammates together, and this is the case for the volleyball team.  Experiencing the highs and the lows of this season has brought the Lady Panthers together close and has given them a great mindset going into the playoffs. Another extremely important aspect of the team is the coaches, the coaches are the ones who help motivate and lead a team to success, and for success in a game it all boils down to practices.

“We have been watching film and working hard in practice,” Bray said. “We are always told big-time players make big-time plays.” Bray continued.

The Lady Panthers coaches have been able to lay out the blueprint for the players perfectly. Having good practices and film sessions to prepare them for the playoffs. Due to this, team members have been able to learn various things to help lead them to success.

“I’ve learned to not only think of myself and my game but also to think of others and encourage them.” Sophomore Varsity volleyball player Natalie Fisher said.

The Lady Panthers are looking forward to carrying their experience from the season and leave it all out on the court tonight. Get ready to cheer on your very own Lady Panthers tonight in Pittsburgh at 6:30, we can’t wait to watch them go to battle. Let’s go Panther Nation!