Students serve others through art

Karen Ender and SHHS Art students reach out globally

Students at SHHS are often seen serving others. Not a week goes by that there is not a collection for the needy, a reach out to younger students, or a cause that needs supporting resounding from the 4th-period announcements. But this, thanks to the creative and compassionate efforts of Karen Ender, resident artist and art teacher for the high school.  With the monetary support of the high school community, Ender was able to ship her students’ artwork to Pakistan though Memory Project. Ender and students hope to build international friendships and spread goodwill  through the arts. And they were successful.

“We’re so grateful for all of the efforts you put into this project,” Ryan Egan, Portrait Project Manager for Memory Project said in an email to the Ender thanking students for the encouragement and help. ” It is our true privilege to do this work with you, and we very much hope to have that privilege again.”

The students and the recipients in Pakistan both gained from this project according to Ender.

“They fully understood that creating the portraits was a way to show them how much you care about their well-being and their future,” Ender reflected.

Spring Hill students will continue to support the community locally and globally as we learn to serve others with our thoughts and deeds. click here for video