Freshman Focus

Varsity players from the freshman class

Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshman Focus

Freshman Davaunte Powers scores in round 1 of Texas Football Playoffs as Spring Hill Panthers beat Caddo Mills 23-12 as Panthers advance to play Waco Connally.

Photographer: Amy Blalock

Photographer: Amy Blalock

Photographer: Amy Blalock

Spring Hill sports are showing to be very competitive and lively this year. Unexpected Freshman Jaden Giddings, Davaunte Powers, and Jace Jones are just a few of Freshman on Varsity teams, but these three are making a big difference.

Jaden Giddings a runner on the State Qualifying Cross Country team has shown his passion for running and what’s coming up for the XC team of SH.

“I love being on Varsity.’’ Said Freshman Jaden Giddings “ It’s a great challenge and it paid off as our team went to state and got 7th.”

Another Freshman,  Davaunte Powers shows he belongs in the football state as he starts at running back for the Panthers and is putting up big numbers.

“ I enjoy varsity and to start that’s a dream come true.” Said Freshman Davaunte Powers “ I love my team and Football more though and I’m going to do all I can to help the team win.”

Jace Jones is on the Varsity Tennis team and has shown why he belongs. Putting up big numbers and keeps winning matches as Jace has a big future ahead of him.

“  Feels good representing the Freshman class.” Said Freshman Jace Jones “ I’m the only boy Freshman on Varsity Tennis and it’s a great opportunity and I’m going to keep getting better.