The Panther's Paw

CBS 19 Supports our community

local news shares The Paw

THIS IS EAST TEXAS: Spring Hill ISD to wear red in support of Carthage ISD, student killed in ATV wreck

According to the school’s newspaper, The Panther’s Paw, Spring Hill High School will also use Tuesday, November 19, to help educate students on ATV safety.

LONGVIEW, Texas — There are approximately 650 deaths and 100,000 injuries every year involving all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s annual ATV Report..

Brandon Seegers, a Carthage High School freshman, died Wednesday after his ATV crashed just outside the Carthage city limits.

To show support and love for their fellow district, Spring Hill High School student leadership is asking all students and faculty to wear red, Carthage’s school color, on Tuesday, November 19.

According to the high school’s newspaper, The Panther’s Paw, SHHS will also use that day to help educate students on ATV safety.

“The Spring Hill community would like to offer condolences to our neighbors in Carthage ISD as they process and heal from the tragic accident that happened on Wednesday, November 13, resulting in the loss of one of their students to an ATV accident just outside the city,” the student paper wrote. “Spring Hill, as well as the rest of East Texas, backs Carthage ISD and the student’s family during this painful time. Wearing red is one small sign that we are keeping Carthage in our thoughts and the safety of all students in our hearts.”

To read more from The Panthers’ Pawclick here.

According to CBS19’s newspaper partners, The Panola Watchman, Seegers’ family is scheduled to receive guests Monday, November 18, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Hawthorn Funeral Home, located at 307 West Wellington Street in Carthage. Funeral services have been set for 3 p.m. the following day at First Baptist Church in Carthage.