Building the Blue Brigade

Follow the Blue Brigade through band camp.

September 11, 2019

Looking back at the summer of 2019 at summer band camp on August 7- August 11 of 2019 band students attended band camp at Lone Star, Texas. They went to camp to learn Friday night football game marching drills and snap drills.

“My favorite part was learning to be a more disciplined person,” sophomore Chris Martin said. “[I also like]  seeing how other people act with that discipline.” Sophomores through seniors learned to be a more disciplined people, even though it was hot outside they still did their best to help the freshman and others.

“I liked the water breaks,” freshman Anna Kelly said. “I loved when we got to have water breaks because our amazing band boosters provided cold water for us.” Because it was really hot this summer the band directors gave them plenty of breaks to get water and rest.

The rest of the band students got to see how the freshman did this year and compare themselves to when they were freshman. “The freshman did a lot better than me when I was a freshman,” sophomore Hannah Haney said. “so I’m so proud of what they accomplished at camp and can’t wait for the rest of the year.”

Some may argue that band camp needs to be longer, however some disagree.

“I definitely do not think it should have been longer,” Martin said. “I think it was the perfect length, because it was short enough to challenge us but long enough to get our work done.”