Panthers prove good citizenship

Caron, Vadasz advance to state for Citizen's Bee

Back to Article
Back to Article

Panthers prove good citizenship

Caron, Wallace, Hickerson and Robinett compete in UIL history events as well as citizens bee

Charlotte Kincy

Charlotte Kincy

Charlotte Kincy

Alex Caron, Allie Robinett, Aaron Milam Seniors, along with Bryce Wallace, Nick Vadasz, and Justin Hickerson, Juniors represented Spring Hill by competing in the Region VII Citizen’s Bee. Caron and Vadasz took 1st and 2nd place respectively qualifying them to head to the next round for state competition to be held on April 27 in Austin.  Being mostly student-led, and facilitated by Charlotte Kincy, these students were directed for success by putting in the extra effort to practice during and after school hours.

“We met after school on Thursday’s to study court cases and important figures in American History,” senior Alex Caron said, “It gave me a new appreciation for the American political process and helped me learn what it really means to be an active and participating citizen.”

Qualifying for this competition proves a strong academic passion for history.  Mrs. Drueckhammer, current AP US History teacher implemented elements in her teaching style to help along her students competing in the Citizens Bee. Mrs. Drueckhammer made it her responsibility as their history teacher to make sure her students were prepared and destined for success in this competition.

“The Citizen Bee is mainly focused on constitutional law and supreme court cases, stuff of that nature,” said Junior Nick Vadasz, “I think it’s great that opportunities like this allow students to show off their passions and strong suits in a competitive environment. MRs. Druckhammer and Mrs. Kincy both  really helped foster my love of history so I was excited to show off my knowledge and competitive spirit.”