Welcome our new AD: Jonny Louvier

Back to Article
Back to Article

Welcome our new AD: Jonny Louvier

Photo Courtesy of: EastTexasMatters.com

Photo Courtesy of: EastTexasMatters.com

Photo Courtesy of: EastTexasMatters.com

Photo Courtesy of: EastTexasMatters.com

Chris Woodson, Feature Editor

Jonny Louvier takes the place of Coach Mercer as the Athletic Director of Spring Hill. Louvier has a very unique past and has many accomplishments under his belt, among which is the fact that as an honorable mention All-State Quarterback for Gladewater he threw for 4,502 yards and 44 touchdowns as well as rushing for 1,345 yards and 15 touchdowns. Louvier was granted the Wendy’s High School Heisman award winner and the districts newcomer of the year Jonny’s sophomore year. Louvier was also considered an academic all-star player, and was recognized as the district’s MVP point guard twice.

Louvier continued to play quarterback when he attended Texas A&M-Commerce where he earned his Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology. Louvier continued in his efforts to pursue his passion of athletics as he earned a Master’s in Kinesiology at the University of Texas at Tyler.

“I am coach Louvier; Coaching is what I do, but it is not who I am,” Said new Spring Hill Athletic Director, Jonny Louvier, “First and foremost I’ve got a family. My wife, Meghann and our son, Henry who is four and our daughter, Halie who is two. We haven’t really told anybody yet but we’ve got another baby due in September.”

Coach Louvier has big shoes to fill, but given his past coaching experience, the future of the Spring Hill athletic program looks bright on the forefront of next year. We hope to welcome Coach Jonny Louvier to our program, and we wish him the best of luck in leading the Panthers into the 2019-2020 school year