Semester Schedule Changes

New schedules for the new semester

Mikayla+Morris+ponders+how+she+would+change+her+schedule+on+12%2F20%2F18.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Semester Schedule Changes

Mikayla Morris ponders how she would change her schedule on 12/20/18.

Ale Guerrero

Ale Guerrero

Ale Guerrero

Schedule change for the second semester can cause stress for both students and faculty. But, Mrs. Childers and Mrs. Bowles have a plan to help navigate these tough times. New schedules can be picked up the first week of January, 8th, when we return. These gold schedules will be the ones to follow for the day. If you need to make a change, you must have your parent contact the counselors to initiate the process.

Change is difficult for anyone. Some people have strong opinions about being able to switch schedules at semester. “It doesn’t really bother me”, Charlotte Kincy, RTI coordinator said. Then she  added “I’m honestly fine with it.”  “Schedules will only be changed due to error or graduation requirements,” Mrs. Childers commented.  “I wish we didn’t have schedule changes because I feel like the second semester should be a completion for the first semester” said Mrs. Amy Blalock. 

Now for the students, schedule change might be a little different. Schedule changes give a chance to meet new people and new teachers.  They also see it as an escape from the class they’ve been dreading all semester and a chance to have a new 47-minute opportunity. 

“I wanted to change my schedule but I’m probably not going to”, Mikayla Morris (9) said.  “I’m just not really enjoying some classes at the moment,” she added.  “Yes, I’m changing my schedule.  I just don’t really like some of my electives or classmates,” Jordyn Attaway said.