Positive Changes

Resolutions for the New Year

Alyssa+Wortham+smiles+as+she+ponders+all+the+possibilities+for+the+new+year.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Positive Changes

Alyssa Wortham smiles as she ponders all the possibilities for the new year.

Gracie Sist

Gracie Sist

Gracie Sist

The new year’s holiday is a great time to sit back and reflect on what you want to accomplish in this upcoming year, and what you’ll need to do to make that happen. A New Year’s resolution is a promise that a person makes for them self in the new year. Regardless of what resolution you commit to, the goal is to improve life in the coming year.

Resolutions can come in many forms. Some people make a promise to change a bad habit, such as being around bad influences. “My new year’s resolution is to start by only surrounding myself with good people who genuinely care and want to be there for me, because it will get me far I believe. Instead of surrounding myself with people I feel comfortable with, I will try myself with people who make me feel accepted”, said Alyssa Wortham,10.

Students are not the only ones resolving to make changes. Mrs. Tidwell, Assistant Principal, is hoping to make all dress code rules clear and understandable to everyone. She also wants to help teachers enforce the students constantly. “I would like to enforce the rules of dress code to the students and keep up with making sure it is not disobeyed”.

Teachers are making promises to change as well. Time management seems to be on everyone’s list. “Managing time is sometimes difficult, therefore I would like to start by getting more work done so that I won’t be so behind”,said Mrs. Tyler.

Physical traits and health resolutions are also on top of many of the lists at Spring Hill High School. “I want to gain 10 pounds so that by the time I go into play college football, I will be weighed at 175”, said Daryn Beck 12th

Good luck to everyone in the new year and  may your resolutions bring you joy and peace. “Be the best version of yourself that you can be. Never settle for less than what you are worth. Do what makes you happy and I hope you reach all of your goals in 2019”- Alyssa Wortham