The Panther's Paw

Filed under Campus News, Features

New Year, New You

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Year, New You

Mrs. Melinda Tidwell, the assistant principal, shares her New Year's resolutions.

Jacob Donahue

Jacob Donahue

Jacob Donahue

The Spring Hill community’s New Year’s resolutions are a varied set, as shown by various interviews. This was to see the goals of various types of people around school. A further look shows why people struggle with keeping resolutions. A study showed that 88% percent of people that set New Year’s resolutions don’t keep them.

“It’s stressful to have to hurry around just to get to school early,” replied the assistant principal, Mrs. Melinda Tidwell, when asked about her resolutions. “I want to be better organized in the mornings.” A lot of people want to achieve these intangible goals, but end up failing.

“I would like to lose weight.” said Adein Alba, 10th. “It’s nice to think of becoming a new person.” A different kind of goal, but all the same in the intangible aspect. A sizable amount of people also choose to lose weight as one of their New Year’s resolutions, but so many never keep it. A study by Richard Wiseman from the University of Bristol showed that to keep these goals, you have to set actual goals, like to lose two pounds each week, instead of just saying “lose weight.”

“I would like to not have to worry about the little things,” said Mrs. Dees, a biology teacher, when asked about her resolutions. “If all I have to worry about is little stuff, then I guess I am doing pretty good.” New Year’s time is a time to become a new person but in order to make this happens, you have to put your mind to it. Don’t let minor things get in your way. Catch your dreams!

1 Comment

One Response to “New Year, New You”

1. Yaneli Vega on December 20th, 2018 10:37 am

This is a really good story and I like the quotes that were used. Good job!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Good Luck at State!

• New Year, New You

Campus News

We All have DREAMS

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Voices of Freedom

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Civil Rights in America

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Panther Football Players Recognized for Talent and Dedication as All East Texas

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Stop the Bleed

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Support for Athens ISD

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Sweet Gifts for a Sweet Cause

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Goodbye 2018

• New Year, New You

Campus News

Will 2018 Be Remembered?

New Year, New You