The Harvey Couple

The Harvey couple, more commonly known as the peppermint people, "Heart of a Panther" recipients for December 2018.

Elwin+and+Catherine+Harvey+win+the+%22Heart+of+a+Panther%22+award.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Harvey Couple

Elwin and Catherine Harvey win the

Elwin and Catherine Harvey win the "Heart of a Panther" award.

Makayla Davis

Makayla Davis

Makayla Davis

Every morning when I’m walking up the stairs to second period wishing that I could go home, I am greeted by a warm, friendly face and a mint. Elwin and Catherine Harvey pass out mints and greet students every day at Spring Hill High School by the front staircase.

“I have been given a peppermint by them,” says Kristin Beck, 12, “It made me feel happy and it gave me minty, fresh breath!”

The Harvey couple have meetings with students and it makes them feel happier and it helps them. “They always have a warm meeting for everybody they meet really early,” says Mr. Biles, physics teacher, “so nice way to start your day.”

The Harvey couple are very nice and caring to every student they encounter in the hallway. “I think they are a very sweet couple,” says Cheryl Lentz, administration, commenting on the overall personality of them.

Without the Harvey couple Spring Hill High School would be a lot less cheerful. “I think they are the heart of Spring Hill High School,” says Sofia Villarreal, 9. The Harvey couple goes beyond the call of duty to help keep the district functioning, they work to build morale, they support the students and contribute to the basic needs of the school. These reasons are why they are being nominated for the “Heart of a Panther” award. If you know someone deserving of this honor, email [email protected]