• October 8Comment on Tech Trends for a chance to win $10 in VBucks

The Panther's Paw

Download the App for Ease and Access

Comment for a chance to win

Ale Guerrero

Ale Guerrero

The Panther’s Paw, The Spring Hill High School Newspaper now has an app! That’s right, with the help of our new tech-savvy teacher, we were able to make an app similar to our website, with a few improvements.

There are several things you can do on the app that, unfortunately, you are unable to do on the website. For example, if you have some pictures from the football game you want to put in the newspaper, now you can! “All you have to do is press the button at the bottom of the page!”Amy Blalock, Journalism Teacher for Spring Hill, exclaims. It’s as easy as that. Now you can upload your personal photographs without ever opening up your laptop! Uh oh, not so fast. Technology is great until it isn’t. Blalock discovered that this feature is for staff members only. But, not to worry, we are adding a photo upload page on our website so that all of you can contribute. 

Another incredible thing about the app is that it’s brand-friendly. Our app doesn’t discriminate between Apple or Android users, it’s welcome to all! It’s available in the App Store AND the Google Play Store. The best thing? It’s free! You don’t have to pay a dime to be informed about Spring Hill High School’s news.

I interviewed three of Spring Hill’s very own prideful panthers, Bailey Ratcliff, Brooke Ratcliff, and Julya Socoteanu to get students opinions on our new app. Bailey reported, “I like the app more because it’s easier to use on the go!” You don’t have to hunt for the nearest computer when you want to check out what the scores for last night’s game are, you just open up an app. Julya comments, “As a staff member of The Panther’s Paw, it’s easier for me to access the newspaper with just the click of a button!” Our app makes all its users happy, even our staff members! Brooke adds, “I enjoy having all the information about my upcoming events so easy to access!” This app will inform you about all the upcoming events, or past events, at our school.

So, after hearing my-valid-points why wouldn’t you download the Spring Hill Newspaper app? It’s phone brand friendly, easy to access, informs you about what’s going on in your school, and you can even share your expertise! You should definitely go download it!