The Panther's Paw

School Spirit

Julya Socoteanu, Marketing Manager

Logan McKelvey
At Spring Hill, we are constantly encouraged to show school spirit. Upcoming games are announced over the speaker, fundraisers are advertised, and pep rallies celebrate events. Why are we so encouraged to support our school? The simple answer is that it makes high school a better experience. School would not be enjoyable if all we focused on was work, grades, and homework. While these things are important, what makes high school memorable is yelling at football games, watching your friends play embarrassing games at pep rallies, and painting your face blue and white.

Since school has started, Spring Hill students have already had many opportunities to support our school. Volleyball had a white out game, where Panthers were encouraged to come wearing white to support our volleyball players. Also, last week the band held a fundraiser at Chick-fil-a. The building was packed with pacesetters, cheerleaders, and people dressed in blue. When asked whether it is important to go to games and other events, Raygan Barnhill, a Spring Hill senior, replied “Yes, from being involved in multiple sports, I know that people put a lot of work into their activities. It feels good to be cheered on and see your classmates supporting you.”

Homecoming is approaching Spring Hill on October 5th. The homecoming court nominees were recently announced. Raygan Barnhill was a senior nominee. Regarding homecoming, she said: “Tradition is important at Spring Hill. It is an honor to be nominated for homecoming court. It shows that you are the face of your grade and are fit to be a leader.” Everyone is looking forward to homecoming. It is a highlight of the students’ year and a tradition that cannot be replaced. The football team, Pacesetters, twirl and flag, band, and cheerleaders are already preparing for the homecoming game, and they hope to see the student body supporting from the stands. The game is against White Oak, Spring Hill’s rival school.

Students have several opportunities in the upcoming weeks to support Spring Hill and their classmates. Next week the varsity football team has a home game against Rusk, and the volleyball girls have a home game against Henderson. Come support the Panthers, as they work hard to prepare for games. The homecoming game is in 3 weeks, so show your spirit and come ready to cheer our football team on.

About the Photographer
Logan McKelvey, Photo Editor

Name: Logan McKelvey

Grade and Graduating Year: Junior, 2020

Position on Paper: Photo Editor

Year's on Staff: 3

Extra Curriculars: Art,...