The Panther's Paw

Beauty from Within

Gracie Sist, staff writer

To me, being beautiful means always having a positive mindset about yourself and others, never thinking negative about yourself, and staying true to yourself. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. We are all different and that’s what makes us unique.
People tend to feel as if they need to cover their outside shell up. so that they can be accepted by others. This starts with MAKEUP. Anyone can turn themselves into whatever they want with the power of cosmetics. Personally, I think that makeup is just something extra and fun. I enjoy experimenting and dressing up.  So, I asked one of my close friends, Alyssa Wortham, if her opinions and thoughts about makeup are similar to mine.

Here are a few questions that I asked Alyssa about her perspectives on makeup.

• Do you feel comfortable without makeup?
    • -I mean yeah, sometimes I get a little self conscious of my face because of my acne. But, I don’t let that effect anything.

• Why do you wear makeup?
    • -Because I think it’s a fun and creative thing that girls can do.

• Do you wear your makeup to make you feel more confident with yourself?
    • – Yes!  I do. I wear it because I like doing it, and it makes me feel good about myself.

• How much do you know about makeup?
    • – LOTS, I LIVE for makeup!!

• How often do you wear makeup?
    • – Mainly on days that we have school

• Do you know people who wear makeup because they are insecure?
    • – Yes, I think everyone does. But I just tell them that they don’t need makeup to feel beautiful. I tell them that they are beautiful with and without it.

The point? Beauty is within. Sometimes, we judge others for wearing no makeup. But, as a person who wears makeup, I feel judged, too. I think people assume that I am insecure or feel bad about myself because I always have on makeup. I don’t. I like it. I like the way it makes me feel. I do it for me- not you! Makeup is a want and not a need. With or without makeup you are all beautiful on the inside and out, and so am I.